I am glad to speak with churches, youth groups, and other gatherings on Christian theology, ethics, media, and faithfulness.
The following are speaking engagements from the past two years:
- Guest Preacher. June 17, 2012, Stilwell United Methodist Church. Stilwell, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Presenter. June 3, 2012, The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection West. Olathe, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Guest Speaker. May 6, 2012, FirstLight United Methodist Faith Community. Gardner, Kansas.
- Guest Speaker. Rezlife West Youth Group. March 7, 2012, The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection West. Olathe, Kansas. Click here for video.
- Presenter. Friends Student Conference 2011. December 28-January 1, 2011. Wichita, Kansas.
- Presenter. Spiritual Formation Conference. April 5-7, 2011, Barclay College. Haviland, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Chapel Speaker. Faith and Learning. February 3, 2011, Friends University. Wichita, Kansas. Click here for a student response.
- Presenter. Apprentice Pastor’s Conference: Workshop Presentation - Spiritual Practices: Praying the 23rd Psalm; Counting Your Blessings. August 19, 2010, Friends University. Wichita, Kansas.
- Spiritual Life Coordinator. Leadership Institute: A Ministry of the Conference Council on Youth Ministries in the Kansas East Conference at Baker University. July 19-24, 2010. Baldwin City, Kansas.
References are available on request.
I am equipped to speak to a variety of age groups on a broad range of topics. I have led youth retreats, worked in children's ministry, preached sermons, led Sunday school classes, and directed small group conversations. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Holistic Evangelism: Sharing Christ in Word and Deed
- Christian Spiritual Formation and Ancient Practices
- Developing the Life of the Mind as a Christian
- Gospel-Centered Community Formation and Development
- Architecture and Design as Theological Expression
- The Sermon on the Mount: Understanding Jesus's Most Well Know Discourse
- Christian Ethics: How Should Christians Think About the Crucial Issues of Their Day?
- Youth Ministry: Shepherding, Teaching, Loving, and Inspiring Students to Live for Christ
- Christianity and Technology
- The Grand Story of Scripture: Developing a Love for the Bible
Please contact me via email for information concerning availability. I look forward to hearing from you.